Thursday, April 09, 2009

I know that you guys are proud of me...
But. I think the both of you should know...
That I'm so proud of you guys :) Thank you.

**

I've thought a lot about that night. I believe that parents, if they love you, will hold you up safely, above their swirling waters, and sometimes that means you'll never know what they endured, and you may treat them unkindly, in a way you otherwise wouldn't.

But there's a story behind everything. How a picture got on a wall. How a scar got on your face. Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heratbreaking. But behind all your stories is always your parents' story, because theirs is where yours begins.

**

After meeting my father for coffee last April, You told me something that's stuck with me ever since.

'You know how you always say that your dad's really lucky to have your mom? Well, he is. But, she's also very lucky to have him. The way he talks about her...'

<3333

**

and from For One More Day... which I read on the train back today

Here is what you're going to find out about marriage: you have to work at it together. And you have to love three things. You have to love 1) Each other; 2) Your children; 3) Your marriage. What I mean by that last one is, there may be times that you fight, and sometimes you and Catherine won't even like each other. But those are the times you have to love your marriage. It's like a third party. Look at your wedding photos. Look at any memories you've made. And if you believe in those memroies, they will pull you back together.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The heart of Life by John Mayer!

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger meishi said...

Aaaawwww! is the loveeeeeees for that song! and say! and love song for no one! and how much it hurts! and daughters! and free falling! andddd... etcetc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home