Friday, September 22, 2006


i'll be gone in about 21 hours, back on the 16th...
the past week has been an aweswomely emo blast, filled with ALL my favourite people (at least those who're in town:POOPSIES AND DIT- fabbbbulous just isn't quite as fab without you guys!) so anyway. i'm done packing, all ready to hop onto the plane and hopefully make something half decent of myself. so anyway. i'm uploading pictures cos there's no other way i can document this week. However:

"A photograph wouldn't do it. I know. I take them in my travels, look at them later- and they're inevitably, woefully flat, a poor substitute for the smell of a place, the feeling of being there.

...

It's an irritating reality that many places and events defy descriptoin. Angkor Wat and Machu Picchu, for instance, seem to demand silence, like a love affair you can never talk about. For a while after, you fumble for words, trying vainly to assemble a private narrative, an explanation, a comfortable way to frame where you've been and what's happened. In the end, you're just happy you were there- with your eyes open- and lived to see it."

I walked across an empty land

I knew the pathway like the back of my hand

I felt the earth beneath my feet

Sat by the river and it made me complete

I came across a fallen tree

I felt the branches of it looking at me

Is this the place we used to love

Is this the place that I've been dreaming of

So if you have a minute why don't we go

Talk about it somewhere only we know

This could be the end of everything

So why don't we go

Somewhere only we know.


lunch with daddy at equinox yesterday. and it was then that i remembered how much i love him, etcetc. there was once. i was sitting next to my dad on the plane, it was a short flight. so we spent most of it talking to each other... i remember that to be very, very pleasant. and then there was that once where he fell asleep on my lap. that was the cutest thing, and made me feel like the luckiest daughter alive. so, thanks for everything, dad.

thank you, all of you.


i couldn't ask for more, really.

4 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg i just finished prelims and dropped by and you're about to go! well, have fun in the uk meishi :D have a safe trip, God bless!

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! how were your prelims? yeah i'm leaving tomorrow morning... time flies, eh? you take care too! email me if you need anything! <33

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

replyyy my email! <3 steph

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

trust me when i say i love you more than anyone else (exc family etc)... and that i miss having someone i can be so comfrotable with. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING, I LOVE YOU. pls contact my mom for the stuff i got yojuuuuu!!! love you babe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home